How may I receive a continuance for my case?

You need to direct your request in writing to the trial division in which your case is assigned.  All the division phone numbers are listed on the Court’s website.  For more information, please refer to Local Court Rule 34.


Can you tell me when I’m supposed to be in Court?

If you don’t have a copy of your paperwork that shows your court date, you should contact your attorney to find out the date and time.  You can also look your case up on Case.net which is available on the Court’s website.


I need advice on how to file an Adult Abuse or Small Claims case.

There is a lot of information about filing Adult Abuse and Small Claims cases on the court’s website including frequently asked questions, informational booklets and more.  Also, in our Civil Records Department there are clerks who can assist you with an adult abuse or small claims case.


Has my case been filed yet?

Check with your attorney or do a search on Case.net to see if your case is on file.  Please note that it sometimes takes a few days for cases to be processed and entered into Case.net.


What are filing fees?

Filing fees are the fees associated with the filing of certain cases.  Filing fee amounts are detailed in Local Court Rule 4.1.


How do you know if the respondent has been served?

Check with your attorney or do a search on Case.net to see if service has been completed.


Can you answer questions about the land tax sale?

Contact Assistant Director Mark Folsom with the Department of Civil Process at 816 881-3644.


Can you register a complaint I have about the way my case is being handled?

You should write a letter to the Court Administrator, the current Presiding Judge or the judge assigned to your case.


How do I register a complaint about the judge handling my case?

You should write a letter to the current Presiding Judge or the Commission on Retirement, Removal & Discipline of Judges, 2190 Mason Road, Suite 201, St. Louis, MO  63131 or call 314-966-1007.


Who should I call for certified or authenticated copies?

For copies of records maintained by the Department of Civil Records, please call 816 881-3913.

Criminal Records does not accept copy requests over the phone. You must complete a Copy Request Form, which is available on the website under Forms for Criminal Records, and email the form to the address provided at the top of the document.  You may also submit the Copy Request Form in person or through the mail.  

How do I register a complaint about my Attorney? 

Contact the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel in Missouri at http://www.mochiefcounsel.org/ or call 573-635-7400.

How Do I find an Attorney? 

Contact the Missouri Bar Lawyers Referral Service at http://www.mobar.org/lrs/clients.htm or call 573-636-3635.