Do these statements sound familiar?
- We can't do anything - he only listens to his friends.
- I've tried everything. I give up. I hope her children act the same way so she knows how it feels.
- He is moody and seldom speaks- wants to stay in his room all the time listening to music.
- I trust her, but there is so much more that kids have to deal with now than when I was her age.
- He has never been a problem child
No matter whether your relationship with your child is good, bad, or indifferent, we hope the following resources will be helpful when answering the question: "What can we do?"
Parents as role models - Someone is watching
When to consider asking for help - The decision can be difficult.
How to handle anger - Anger is a natural emotion felt by everyone from time to time. . .
Discipline vs Punishment - What's the difference?
Children Who Steal - When a child or teenager steals, parents are naturally concerned. They worry about what caused their child to steal, and they wonder whether their son or daughter is a juvenile delinquent.
Teens - Alcohol and Other Drugs - Teenagers may be involved with alcohol and legal or illegal drugs in various ways. Experimentation with alcohol and drugs during adolescence is common. Unfortunately, teenagers often don't see the link between their actions today and the consequences tomorrow.
Children and Lying - Honesty and dishonesty are learned in the home. Parents are often concerned when their child or adolescent lies.