1. To reduce/eliminate future referrals of probation or law violations.
2. To prevent involved youth from becoming victims of violence or perpetrators of violence.
3. To reduce the number of out-of-home placements.
4. To develop positive and healthy relationships between clients and their family members with the law enforcement agencies and the Family Court.
5. To provide intense community supervision during late night and early morning hours.
Phone and face to face curfew checks, community surveillance, intermediate sanctions, family liaison, school contacts, recreation and substance abuse checks.
AGE: 11 to 17 years
OFFENSE/ RISK FACTORS: Probationers who are serious offenders who have a high probability of re-offending due to inadequate supervision during late night and early morning hours.
PROGRAM TYPE: Community based surveillance
STAFF SIZE: 1 Program Manager, 2 Juvenile Probation Officers
LINE STAFF/ CLIENT RATIO: 1:15
DURATION OF INVOLVEMENT: sixty days
REFERRAL SOURCE: Family Court Personnel
To contribute to successful program involvement, it is the responsibility of the parent to:
Comply with late-night visits; one face-to-face contact with Night Light Juvenile Probation Officers per week.